5 replies to this topic

#1 ibsocal

ibsocal

Recently Joined our forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Long time reader here.dumb question, has anyone here ever tried using those other types of photoresists used for pcb boards for etching with sandblaster.

#2 Matt

Matt

Admin

• Admin
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life to the fullest with what you have and can share freely where you can.
    Sand Carving, Lapidary, photography, woodworking, camping, fishing. Love to cook, but not just cooking... Smoked foods, BBQ, cheese making, sausage making... EATING!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

I have made printed circut boards in the past, but I don't think the film I used would hold up to the blast, it was ok for acid bath. I can't swear to what company made the photo resist.

Matt
Matt
Cabinet via HF, Pass-Thru from glasstar. Pressure pot via HF. micro blaster (dental lap) via Ebay. Two Paragrave high speed tool setups... two air compressors. Woodworking tools... lapidary equipment. X-acto knife, el cheapo 32 inch master plotter (gets the job done). But most of all, a dream ;o))> Software, Corel Graphics Suite X5, Adobe CS5.1 and numerous programs to fill the void.

#3 ibsocal

ibsocal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Totaly new to the photoresist systems but have been reading alot lately and wondering IF as there are a few other named brands of PR for pcb's in diferrent Mil thicknesses and not overpriced as is the usual brands you all use now.
I just got a letrelite last weekend for 5 bucks @ my local swapmeet pluged it in and it works,so now I seek other options/types of photoresists if that is possable.

Edited by ibsocal, 20 April 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#4 Matt

Matt

Admin

• Admin
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life to the fullest with what you have and can share freely where you can.
    Sand Carving, Lapidary, photography, woodworking, camping, fishing. Love to cook, but not just cooking... Smoked foods, BBQ, cheese making, sausage making... EATING!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

First of all, congrats on the letralite, great price, not sure how much the unit was used, but remember there is a useful life on the bulb, but still fantastic price.

Remember it isn't a dumb question, i never have used it, may want to check with Dupont to see what it's capabilities are. Just a thought.

Long time reader, lol... ya are still a spring chicken. J/K Great forum, isn't it?

How about taking a moment and doing an introduction in the "Parlor"... It would be great to know something about the member that asks questions, that way we may be able to help out more, knowing where you are coming from and plan on going. A name would be good too! wink.gif
Matt
Matt
Cabinet via HF, Pass-Thru from glasstar. Pressure pot via HF. micro blaster (dental lap) via Ebay. Two Paragrave high speed tool setups... two air compressors. Woodworking tools... lapidary equipment. X-acto knife, el cheapo 32 inch master plotter (gets the job done). But most of all, a dream ;o))> Software, Corel Graphics Suite X5, Adobe CS5.1 and numerous programs to fill the void.

#5 Rob G

Rob G

advanced members IIII

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:My family, computers, audio/video technology, etching, cars, motorcycles, guns, anything mechanical, comodities trading, etc.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (ibsocal @ Apr 20 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long time reader here.dumb question, has anyone here ever tried using those other types of photoresists used for pcb boards for etching with sandblaster.

Yep. It was the basis for the Dupont RapidMask.

The Rapid Mask is quite a bit thicker; the pc etching requires much higher resolution than sandetching which means thin mask.
The pc etching mask would probably be too thin for sandetching (though if you want resolution that high, why not just silkscreen or acid etch & reduce the chance of mask failure?).
Robert Gaertner, Minnesota. Family of four.
A-Blast SandcarverII (modified: high-speed regulator, professional media valve, halogen lighting, internal separator/reclaimer, custom hose, boron nozzles, custom-made 400CFM dust collector,) Craftsman compressor, gads of software and PC's. Not nearly enough free time.

#6 ibsocal

ibsocal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 20 2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, congrats on the letralite, great price, not sure how much the unit was used, but remember there is a useful life on the bulb, but still fantastic price.

Remember it isn't a dumb question, i never have used it, may want to check with Dupont to see what it's capabilities are. Just a thought.

Long time reader, lol... ya are still a spring chicken. J/K Great forum, isn't it?

How about taking a moment and doing an introduction in the "Parlor"... It would be great to know something about the member that asks questions, that way we may be able to help out more, knowing where you are coming from and plan on going. A name would be good too! wink.gif
Matt

I see on ebay rolls and sheets of photoresist for pcb's dirt cheap and probably will pick up a few sheets just for fun.
Yes GREAT forum lot's of talent on here cool.gif .Actually I did the intro a couple years ago and then all of a sudden all my 411 was wiped out,that was when this place was changing something or the other (down a few days)so my plan is to have fun with this and learn from the Pro's.
I have a big ugly well built 36"x36"x5' pangborn blast booth a couple pots 350lbs and 40lbs that i am setting up also 5hp craftsman air comp,5 buck letralite.looking for a 5 buck plotter cutter laugh.gif .
back in 83 i blasted many tombstones and monuments in long island and also blasted many many war ships in the San diego shipyards
Larry

Edited by ibsocal, 21 April 2010 - 10:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users