2 replies to this topic

#1 dredgies

dredgies

Recently Joined our forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

hello people!!! Im chris from the uk. Im a sand blasting contractor using hodge clemco equipment with a 150 cfm compressor, Im very interested in starting sand carving/ glass etching, more of a hooby than buisness. But im amazed at how hard it is to find a uk supplier. My problem is that my hodge clemco blast pot is to big for sand carving/glass etching. im looking to buy a new kit, i have looked at the pab blaster and hoping to go for a demo soon but is the any where else that sales the kit??????????????????????????????????? PLEASE can any one help!!!!!!!!!!

#2 paul r

paul r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi dredgies, paul from South Shields,
Its not so difficult to find all the bits although I have built all mine from the blasting shed to the pressure pot, check out www.blastitclean.com in Newmarket. They sell pressure pots and what I use them for are the TCT nozzles. I have a PAB and it is excellent but costs over 200 with shipping and tax this end, use these nozzles with a 1/4" bsp ballofix (heavy duty) valve and connectors from any large plumbing supplies and you have a great blasting gun, the tip o.d is 10mm so lots of fittings available. I use this a lot.
Aluminium Oxide is available from Machine mart (very expensive) to ebay 25kg bags for around 30.
Check out http://www.mdpsuppli...CFUQ_4wod9DgzVA for ASLAN resist, I use the medium one for glass carving and have never had a problem. For etching work I just use vinyl.
Any more assist please post or if you live in the north east and are still setting up come round and I'll give you a demo

#3 dredgies

dredgies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

hi paul thanks for the info.!!!! very helpful have you got any pics of your kit? im down in somerset but i would like to come up and see your setup if possible. Are you using a pressure pot? I do on site blasting with a hodge clemco 1440 pot and a kaeser 150 cfm diesel compressor but havent got a clue about sand carving/ etching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users