14 replies to this topic

#1 Lonnie

Lonnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Geneology, Grand kids,

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:13 AM

Can somebody tell me where I can get sandblaster gun parts? I would like to have both small pencil and larger guns. I will be making my own blaster pots. So all I need are the guns.

Thanks
Lonnie

#2 Kalikiana

Kalikiana

Patron/2006 Contributor

• PATRON
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:Collecting tiki, finding deals at flea markets, playing the drumset, playing african drums, toy photography, taking sPoT! for a walk, screaming with my blue and gold macaw, and SANDBLASTING!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

Hi Lonnie,
Check out this link on Sandcarver.org to gun and nozzle suppliers. I've heard great things about the PAB gun (listed about halfway down the page). I'm sure others on this forum can give you more info about this particular gun.

Hope this helps, Cheers, Kris
Kristian McIntyre
Creative Art and Soul
in charming Shepherdstown, WV
Webpage http://www.creativeartandsoul.com

I get to play with a SCM Jet Stream Two system w/ 100 lb pressure pot, 60 gal compressor...SCM Jet Stream One with 5 lb baby pot and itty bitty compressor...SCM System One engraver...fun to play with and easy to use!

#3 twilson

twilson

Patron/06/07/08/2009 Contributor

• Patron/2009 Contributor
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

Lonnie,

I am assumong you are making a pressure pot?? If so, Check out the directions for the pinch clamp nozzel ( it is in the archives somewhere) and also the pab gun. I have both and both serve their own purpose. The pab gun tires the hand after a while so for rock or something that you will be blasting for a while I like the pinch clamp better. For control I like the Pab gun better. On the pinch clamp, the clamp is the only thing I would change with a better clamp ( I am still looking for something) as it is sometimes a little tough to close, and keep closed Maybe a little larger clamp would work better.

As for nozzels visit the sandwitch. They are the best. (My 2 cents worth)

Tami
Panther 24" Rapidmask, Corel X14, Trotec speedy 300, we do sublimation also.

#4 Jeff Umsted

Jeff Umsted

Patron

• PATRON
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:38 AM

Lonnie, check out http://tptools.com/ , for syphon gun parts and http://dixieart.com/ for a small airbrush style gun. Or you can alway go with http://www.pabblaster.com/index.html Bob is a great guy from what they tell me.....

coffeeee.gif
Jeff

#5 motoxrcr

motoxrcr

Patron/2006/07/09 Contributor

• 1,003 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

You can buy the cheap siphon type guns at HF.
Rick
From Colorado
-------------------
Fear is a powerful thing.

#6 Lonnie

Lonnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies.
In my search for knowledge I found this guy who has modified the basic design of the air and media flow path of a sandblaster. He sells the plans and claims the design gives much more control over media flow. He calls it a ?pressure assisted blaster? ( www.pabblaster.com.com ) For your info. rofl.gif

Lonnie

#7 Lane

Lane

Patron/05/06/07/08/2009 Contributor

• 2,654 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Lonnie @ Jan 25 2006, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everyone for the replies.
In my search for knowledge I found this guy who has modified the basic design of the air and media flow path of a sandblaster. He sells the plans and claims the design gives much more control over media flow. He calls it a ?pressure assisted blaster? ( www.pabblaster.com.com ) For your info. rofl.gif

Lonnie

I've seen his web page before. Are you planning on buying the plans? If so, let us know what you think about it.

Lane Gustafson
Arlington, WA

#8 Lonnie

Lonnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

I did by the plans and and when I get things going I will keep ya'll posted.

#9 Hotrodmike

Hotrodmike

Patron

• PATRON
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Automotive ,custom cars and street rods<br />Hunting ,shooting <br />Stained Glass,etched glass,carved glass<br />Swimming

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

Robs unit has its purpose but depending on how deep you plan on getting into glass it may not preform well as it is a siphon type gun he uses and does not give you a lot of control . The other bad part for doing glass is the continous flow of media since the gun only controls the air not the media . I think his mods would be great blasting car parts and stuff but would not be my choice for doing glass
Have A Kind Day
Mike

#10 BerkelUSA

BerkelUSA

Recently Joined our forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

beer.gif

Thats why you could add a pedal to control both atmospheres at once and high pressure as needed..

and its

www.pabblaster.com

flowers2.gif

Edited by Chuck Cobb, 25 September 2006 - 10:32 AM.

#11 written_in_stone

written_in_stone

Patron

• PATRON
  • 1,001 posts
  • Interests:Words to live by.&lt;br&gt;Never enough guns, Dutch ovens, harmonicas, and now sandblasting stuff!&lt;br&gt;

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Lonnie I went over to sandcaver.org and did a search on that forum and found the following. I trust what they say.

RE: [sandcarving] Need little bit help : the PA sandblasting group

John,

I also ordered the plans and came to the same conclusion that you did.
The plans were fairly detailed and with pictures for those that can't follow
a drawing. There's a better than average chance that the rig would work
better than a plain siphon system for taking rust off an auto part. For
artistic blasting I'll stick with what I have that works.

The only thing that bothers me is that he uses a website that is very
similar to Bob Pickard's site. www.pabblaster.com.com for his and pabblaster.com for
Bob's. Coincidence.. I doubt it. His blaster isn't even close to Bob's in
design, but many people may be fooled into thinking that he's in with Bob
and that's not the case.

In the plans he shows that he has the regulator and water separator on the
compressor with a hose going to the blaster. A lot of us have figured out
that it works a lot better to use metal pipe to the blaster and put the
separator there. The moist, hot air has a chance to cool and condense in the
metal pipe and you get more of the moisture out.

Anyway, I had to take a chance and see what the fuss was all about. This is
my 2 cents worth.

Later,
Tom Eddleman

-----Original Message-----
From: sandcarving@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sandcarving@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of wakeart@...
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:31 AM
To: sandcarving@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sandcarving] Need little bit help : the PA sandblasting group

The PA (Pennsylvania) sandblasting group is an excellent group of
sandblasters, most of whom seem to be auto restorers and metal refinishers.
The
do-it-yourself sandblasting unit is also a good design and excellent plans
are
availbale for $10.00.

I have been sandblasting for 20+ years and I paid the $10.00 for curiosity.

The design is essentially a siphon system - but with a slightly pressurised

pot (5psi) to ensure the flow of sand into the siphon.

Conclusion: Pros:-
excellent for general purpose spraying, frosting, rust removal. Also good
for a handyman with welding equipment (you can make a tank virtually any
size
you like).
Cons:-
not good for people who like the control which comes with a fully
pressurized pot.

John in Tucson

ps - do not ask me about the PA sandblasting group - go to Yahoo groups and

track it down
Don Buckholts

Never enough guns, Dutch ovens, harmonicas or sandcarving stuff!

Stuff: Corel Draw 12, Harbor Fright 40 lb. blast pot. Home made blast cabinet.
Harbor Fright 2 HP Industrial 5 Micron Dust Collector
Campbell Hausfeld Air compressor 60 gal. single stage 230 volt.
Ya I'm cheap.

#12 Matt

Matt

Admin

• Admin
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life to the fullest with what you have and can share freely where you can.
    Sand Carving, Lapidary, photography, woodworking, camping, fishing. Love to cook, but not just cooking... Smoked foods, BBQ, cheese making, sausage making... EATING!

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

The reason, in my opinion that this was brought up by BerkelUSA is that after checking ebay listings for these plans I noticed the email for the person selling the plans is berkelusa@*******dot com. I don't think it is coincidence at all. I don't have a problem with anyone being a member here, but if you are using this forum to further your business, then maybe it should be approved by administration

just my 2 cents

Matt
Matt
Cabinet via HF, Pass-Thru from glasstar. Pressure pot via HF. micro blaster (dental lap) via Ebay. Two Paragrave high speed tool setups... two air compressors. Woodworking tools... lapidary equipment. X-acto knife, el cheapo 32 inch master plotter (gets the job done). But most of all, a dream ;o))> Software, Corel Graphics Suite X5, Adobe CS5.1 and numerous programs to fill the void.

#13 Chuck Cobb

Chuck Cobb

Admin

• Admin
  • 2,476 posts
  • Interests:My wife an I own and operate J. Savina Stained Glass Studio and Cutting edge Sand Carving

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

I first want to say this post is not like any I have posted before. I am posting this in open forum because I want everyone to know where I stand and I guess as founder of this forum where I think the forum stands on this type of thing. We are a pretty close and open group and I want to keep it open and FREE for all who wish to share of themselves and help other grow in sandcarving.

Chuck

I have decided to post here because I have received so much interest in this issues about

1. the website almost being the same name

2. this members ebay sales and what I think about it.

So here is what I think

First let me say I do not know either person involved here ( www.pabblaster.com (Robert Pickard) or www.pabblaster.com (Robert A. Cummings Jr) ) However I do see something here that distresses me personally.

The Pabblaster site has been on the net since (as far as I can tell) "Record created on 01-Dec-2000" and the www.pabblaster.com site since ("created: 06-Nov-2005") I can not believe this was by mistake, Bob has worked hard I am sure to build a name for both his self and his company and quite frankly I see the "new" site to be taking advantage of this and trying to confuse folks into thinking this is somehow if not the same company or a part of it. This is just how I feel after reading a bit of both who owns the new site and the ebay listing of his product which in part is a link to a free yahoo sandblasting group. I do think anyone can do anything they choose, but I was asked is this fair? My answer is no it is not! What bothers me is that WE, as a group have built a great forum here and we give FREELY our thoughts, knowledge, experiences so that others can benefit from our mistakes and our crowning achievements. We as a group do this for anyone who come in wishing to learn, grow and share with others FREELY!

We all have to earn a living, but I would be remiss if I sat by and said nothing when to me it is plain that one of these Bob's has earned the right to his site and the other is taking the opportunity to exploit both a fellow sandblaster and worse, exploit any new person wanting to learn by charging them for info that is free on the net and should be shared freely to all.

My best advise to Mr. Robert Cummings is to pick a web site name that best describes what you do and then remove the part of your ebay listing that says customers will get access to a secret yahoo sandblasting group. I do not know if what you sell is good or not, but (in my opinion) it is misleading.

I am going to ask that you do not post any reference to your web site or ebay site as part of your membership agreement, please do not break this agreement.

Chuck Cobb
Administrator

Wherever you may be, it is your friends who make your world.

"Mistake will be made, that is human nature. But it is the nature of Love to overcome human nature."
Michael "Mgbless" Mccutcheon
My wife an I own and operate Cutting Edge Sandcarving and J. Savina Stained Glass Studio
Let's not forget our Wall Decal studio Or our Cutting Edge Sandcarving Etsy Our facebook fan page is www.facebook.com/vinylwalldecals
If you need to contact me at 219-221-9367 (Shop Phone only answered during business hours)
Our shop is located in DeMotte, Indiana about 50 miles southeast of Chicago, Ill

#14 Goo

Goo

Admin/2005 Contributor

• Admin
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

As Lonnie's original post was in reference to guns and he also mentioned that he was planning on building his own sandblaster, and as Rob didn't reply to this until Lonnie had already bought the plans, I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem. (I also realize that Rob's post has been edited so maybe I'm missing something that was said. If so, Chuck can set me straight in the admin forum.).

Rob has been a member since July of 2005 and although he hasn't posted much, he did mention in the parlor that he has been reading alot. No where have I seen him trying to "sell" his wares and for him to respond to a post that is basically talking about the plans he developed and sells seem pretty innocent to me. I'm not in a place to assume that he is trying to mislead people by using the www.pabblaster.com name. Seems we might be just as right to assume he didnt' know anything about Bob's site and just came up with the name himself "pressure assisted blaster" ........ www.pabblaster.com.......

Just call me Goo
To give up enthusiasm, wrinkles the soul

24" Panther, LXI, Coral 11, Exacto knife and a 12 pack. Anything is possible from there.

Kathy Cameron
Scarecrow Stone
zbounce@ruraltel.net
785-421-2388

Say what you mean & act how you feel, because those that matter won't mind, & those that mind don't matter. Dr. Seuss

#15 TroyE

TroyE

Patron/2005/07/08 Contributor

• Patron/2008 Contributors
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:My girls, 1967 Pontiac GTO's, Woodworking, Sandcarving

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

I agree with you Goo.
Troy Erickson
Blasted Accents
West Fargo, ND

0 user(s) are reading this topic