No replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Snow

Jerry Snow

Recently Joined our forum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

Reading past "Shops, Tools & Tips" and found the Nov 05 below from Rick. FYI, best $10.00 I have spent in a long time. I was about ready to send my Clarke pressure blaster to the scrap pile, tried to sell it a couple of times and couldn't find a buyer. Could not keep the sand flowing for more than a few minutes and I have multiple filters. Found a reference to the www.pabblaster.com web site (www.pabblaster.com), checked it out and ordered the plans. It's one of those deals you have got to say "why didn't I think of that?". Not an engineering marvel, but well worth the $10.00 and membership to the web site. Lots of good ideas. I converted my blaster and now I believe I could blow wet sand. Spent about $50.00 for parts to make the conversion and about $30.00 of that was for a good regulator. If you are having problems finding the correct media to air pressure ratio, I believe this conversion would be the answer. I have also converted my cabinet blaster to this method. His web site has the plans for a moisture separator that I am going to modify just a bit rather than spend $500.00 for refrigerated unit. Lots of good info and ideas from this group. Not experienced enough in Sand Carving to offer any assistance. Hope my experience with this problem will help someone...

The Snowman...

Nov 25 2005, 02:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried this modification http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
It is low pressure to the pot and high pressure to the gun. You have to use a gun for this to work. Any thoughts? Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users